mmWave is attenuated by rain and there is a requirement to create a backup link during these periods.
How to fix:
Open your browser and log in to your Siklu Radio using the Default IP <192.168.0.1>.
Navigate to Services > Maintenance tab and check your ExtendMM License is uploaded and activated.
Check in the Services > General Tab – Bridge Mode Transparent
Check in the Services >Settings Tab - Port Network Type Eth0(RF) & Eth2 (Backup) are the same Network Type
Navigate to Advanced Config>ExtendMM
- Config one Role to be Master and the other to be Slave (Master will disconnect the backup port to prevent a L2 loop)
- Backup Port - Any spare port which will be connected to the backup radio (in this case Eth2)
- VID - The VLAN ID to carry the internal ERP messages, if no preference, leave as default (1)
- Capacity Threshold - Set the threshold at which time the switch will be triggered to the backup link. i.e choose 350Mbps if the backup link provides 200Mbps
- Confirm Main path is "Active", Backup will show Down
- Click Apply and save the configuration (Local & Remote)
- Connect the backup radios to the Ethernet ports of the Siklu radios (in this case Eth2)
- Backup Path now shows "Standby"
Testing the Backup Path:
- Navigate to Radio>Maintenance
- Take down the Siklu link - Mute Transmitter
- Tick the Mute button and select the Timeout [sec] 60
- Click Apply
- Link Status will show "Link Down"
- Main Path shows "Down"
- Backup Path shows "Active"
- When the Siklu link is down Web GUI is unable to show the remote end, you can open another Web GUI session to the remote radio using its IP address.
- When the timeout session expires traffic remains routed via the backup link for another 1 minute (ERP WTR timer), this delay ensures switch stability.
- After the ERP WRT timer expires and the Siklu link has a stable throughput, traffic will be rerouted via the Siklu Link.
- Main Path shows "Active"
- Backup Path shows "Standby"