The purpose of this guide is to demonstrate how to upgrade / elevate a license.
- The license must be registered with Ruckus via the activation link in the email sent to you and the file downloaded dependant on the version of firmware running on the switch.
- Please ensure you have installed a TFTP server running on your laptop or desktop which has access to the switch, for windows TFTPD32 is recommended and can be found > TFTPD32 Download
Installation of License
Firmware Prior to 08.0.80
- copy tftp license [TFTP Server IP Address] [License Filename] unit [Unit ID]
- copy tftp license 10.120.54.185 lic.xml unit 1
Firmware After 08.0.80
- license set serial [Unit ID] [License To Install] [Serial Number]
- license set serial 1 l3-prem LIES0000000
Verify License has been installed
- show license
The license should now be installed and display correctly